For current requirements, see here.
- Level 1 Sit and stand on the ice, Moving forward (basic skating), Two-foot glide and dip, Stepping around on the spot
- Level 2 Moving backward, ½ snowplough or full snowplough stop, Forward skating, Two-foot glide on a curve
- Level 3 Forward one-foot glide (straight line), Two-foot jump skating forward, Forward & backward sculling, One-foot glide on a curve–inside edge (l & r)
- Level 4 One-foot glide on a curve–outside edge (l & r), Backward skating and a two-foot glide, Skating forward and turning to backward (vice-versa), Continuous forward chassés around a circle
- Level 5 Forward crossovers in both directions, Backward snowplough stop, Backward one-foot glide, Two-foot spin (one revolution)
- Level 6 Continuous backward chassés around circle, Forward two-foot slalom, Forward outside 3-turn, Backward skating–stepping forward in both directions
- Level 7 Backward crossovers in both directions, Forward inside three-turn, Continuous forward outside curves, Continuous forward inside curves
- Level 8 Forward inside mohawk (l & r) two backward crossovers followed by sustained backward outside curve for a count of 3, Two-foot change on edge on a large curve, Forward drag
- Level 9 Forward beginner cross-rolls, Bunny hop, Backward edges (both feet & both edges), Two backward crossovers followed by sustained backward inside curve for a count of 3
- Level 10 Forward crossovers in a figure eight pattern, Backward crossovers in a figure eight pattern, Two-glide in a spiralling curve, Simple step sequence
Skate UK Star Levels (formerly known as Passport)
- Forward open chasses / crossed (closed) chasses continuously on a circle (min 3) (L&R)
- LFO closed mohawk, cross in front onto a LBI. Step forward to RFI (x3) (L&R)
- Forward progressive runs (CW & CCW)
- Two consecutive LFO 3-turns followed by LFO sustained outside edge with free leg extended for a count of 3 (L&R)
- Forward progressive runs in a figure of eight (in Killian hold with a partner/coach optional)
- Backward open chasses (x3 on each foot) in a serpentine sequence
- Backward progressive runs in a figure of eight
- A 7 step dance sequence as follows: RFI open mohawk, RBO run, RBO cross in front LBI, Step forwards RFI, Repeat twice
- Forward run, Forward slip chasse (x3) (in figure of eight)
- Backward open chasses in a serpentine sequence (x3 on each foot) waltz hold with partner/coach optional
- Solo Novice Foxtrot with music. Correct pattern and 60% in time
- A 9 step dance sequence: LFO progressive run, LFO closed chasse, LFO progressive run, LFO open mohawk, LBI
- Forward spiral on either foot with flow
- Bunny hop into a forward drag
- Two-foot spin (min 3 revs)
- Three jump (Waltz jump)
- Backward spiral on either foot
- One foot spin (min 2 revs)
- Teapot on either foot (forwards or backwards)
- Single salchow jump
- Backward outside one-foot spin (min 1 revolution)
- One foot spin (with correct entry and exit, min 4 revs)
- Single toe-loop jump
- Combination of skating movements, turns, jumps and spins in a short routine with or without music (max 1:30)
Synchronized Team Skating
- Forward line skated half the length of the rink in shoulder hold using alternating left & right progressive runs.
- Forward two spoke Pin Wheel, in shoulder hold, using open chassé steps for a minimum of three revolutions
- Forward circle of at least three revolutions in handhold facing inwards
- Forward Intersections with three pass-throughs using at least half the length of the rink and open chassé steps.
- Back line skated half the length of the rink in shoulder hold using a combination of chassés and progressive runs.
- Two spoke Pin Wheel, half the group skate forwards and half backwards, for a minimum of three revolutions, using back chassés and in shoulder hold.
- Backward circle of at least three revolutions using back chassés and or crossovers, shoulder hold and facing inwards.
- Forward Open Block with front line in shoulder hold and back line also in shoulder hold but additionally the end skater placing their free hand on the shoulder of the skater directly in front. The group to skate forward progressive runs alternating left and right.
- Forward Line in shoulder hold turning to back line into elbow hold. Steps may be a combination of chassés, progressive runs and back crossovers. This movement to be performed using the full length of the rink.
- Backwards two spoke Pin Wheel of at least three revolutions using back chassés and/or crossovers, and elbow to elbow hold.
- Forward Closed Block in shoulder hold and using chassé and progressive runs. Skaters must use two axes and the full length and width of the rink.
- Backward Intersections with three pass-throughs using at least half the length of the rink and a combination of back chassés and crossovers
- Gliding on the bends – Gliding around the full bend in basic skating position with skates running parallel
- Basic Cornering – Demonstrate some evidence of crossovers in bends
- In Basic position Slalom – complete two footed slalom course between ten blocks approx 1 metre apart, keeping both blades on ice
- Straights, leg push – In a basic skating position full length of straight glide on left foot, continuous push with right foot. Ensure transfer of body weight and well balance, then on other leg
- Weight Transfer – Demonstrate the weight transfer, changing from right leg to left leg, this is to be done keeping both feet on the ice. Weight transfer must be smooth and rhythmical. Body stays in basic skating position. Nose, knee and toe of gliding leg must be in a straight line.
- Start – Hold start position, Skate parallel and 45° to the start line, feet shoulder width apart, Knees bent at 90°, leading arm in front and bent at elbow, trailing arm loosely extended and behind body, weight on back leg, head up and looking forward. Do a running start up to the first block.
- Straights roll the edge – Extend right leg, glide on left, demonstrate transfer of body weight, (nose, knee, toe in line). Then on the other leg
- Corner Push – Glide on left skate: push with right foot around full length of bend, demonstrate good leg extension
- Right foot Slalom – Glide on right between slalom course between ten blocks approx 1 metre apart, in the basic skating position. Then same on left
- Glide in straight line – Glide on right foot in basic position left leg off the ice, full straight in a straight line. Then on the left
- Crossover on Bends – Demonstrate good boy position, left hip over left skate, full left leg push and extension, smooth and rhythmical
- Start Procedure – fully understanding of starting procedure; go through half lap starting line to finish line
- Glide on right leg full corner – left leg held inside, not pointing out
- Glide on left leg full corner – right leg held outside but not pointing out
- Basic Position Arm Swing on Corners – Demonstrate relaxed arm swing whilst skating in the basic position, swing arm in a forwards and backwards direction, do not swing arms any higher than shoulder, arms must not be stiff but smooth and rhythmical
- Pivot on Apex Block Right Leg – Skate around corner, pivot around apex block, don’t put hand on ice, keep legs at 90°, looking inside the track and keep shoulders square
- Relay Change;
- Receiving – Match the other skater’s speed; time the change not too early or late. Pushing – Demonstrate a good push, strong, straight and not pulling back the other skater.
- Time Trial – Skate a bronze Medal Test Time in 333m
- Time Trial – Skate a bronze Medal Test Time in 500m
As far as I’m aware, these have not changed.